About the listing
Visit Australia's most important lighthouse - Awesome Views, Amazing History.
- Experience the heart-pounding thrill of awesome views from the baloncy, 90m above the Southern Ocean.
- Tour the impressive Telegraph Station and World War II Radar Bunker
- Learn about Indigenous culture and bush tucker
- Hear stories about Lightkeeprs and their families, struggling to survive at Cape Otway
- Stay in heritage Lightkeeper's Cottages
- See koalas and kangaroos in the nearby Great Otway National Park
The Lightstation is about 12km off the Great Ocean Road, in Victoria.
As you drive to the southern edge of Australia, keep a look out for koalas on the Lighthouse Road – you’re guaranteed to see them. If you have trouble spotting them, just find some people who’re staring at the trees!
RACV VicRoads Country Street Directory: Map 101 A7
And for those of you with a GPS: S 38.8568°, E 143.5118°