Many on the walks and picnic areas around Apollo Bay are accessible for visitors with mobility limitations and for families with strollers. Some of these sections vary in level of difficulty and are dependent on the type of mobility equipment used. All-terrain wheelchair called a Trailrider are available from Apollo Bay Visitor Information Centre.
Walks and picnic areas most accessible include:
- Great Ocean Walk:
- Apollo Bay Visitor Information Centre to Marengo Caravan Park
- Cape Otway Lighthouse car Park to Aire River Camp Ground
- Gibson Steps to Twelve Apostles Visitor Centre
- Maits Rest (some steep sections lack handrails)
- Blanket Leaf Picnic Area (and Erskine Falls)
- Distillery Creek Picnic Area
- Moggs Creek Picnic Area
- Sheoak Falls Picnic Area
For a more detailed description of the accessibleness to these areas, visit the Park Victoria website.
Trailrider - All-terrian wheelchair
All terrain wheelchairs are available for visitors with mobility difficulties. The chairs can be booked at the Apollo Bay Visitor Information Centre. For more information about the Trailrider all-terrain wheelchairs, visit the Park Victoria website.